Tools for Developers
Like many transit agencies across the country and around the world, the Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC) makes schedule data available in the Google Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) format. The primary purpose for providing the data is to foster the development of tools that deliver transportation-related information that assists mass transit users and promotes the use of mass transit in general.
What Can You Expect From PRTC
- PRTC will provide free public access for developers to download its GTFS data. Developers can also subscribe to the GTFS RSS feed to be notified when schedules change.
- At a minimum, new data will be provided twice per year, typically in the summer and winter.
- PRTC will not provide technical support.
Terms and Conditions For Use of PRTC's GTFS Data
PRTC is, and will remain, the sole owner of the data provided in its GTFS feed. By accessing, downloading, reviewing or using this data in any way, you agree to and will abide by the terms and conditions stated below.
- The data will be provided on an "as is" basis. While every effort will be made to ensure accuracy of the data, PRTC makes no warranties of any kind concerning the accuracy of the data. You use the data at your own risk.
- PRTC, its employees, management and Board of Commissioners will not be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of PRTC's GTFS data.
- PRTC reserves the right to revise/alter the data at any time without notice. Developers are encouraged to subscribe to PRTC's GTFS RSS feed to receive notification of updates.
- Use of PRTC's trademarks and copyrighted materials, including any variants, may not be used in association with applications/products developed using PRTC's GTFS data.
- Users of PRTC's GFTS data will nor claim ownership of PRTC's GTFS data or present yourself as an agent or partner of PRTC.
- The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall govern all rights and obligations that arise under these Terms and Conditions without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws
Download GTFS Data
By downloading this feed you agree to comply with the "Terms and Conditions" stated above.
GTFS Feed Download
PRTC's GTFS data may be revised/updated without notice. Subscribe here to PRTC's GTFS RSS feed to receive notification of updates.
If you have used PRTC's GTFS data to develop an application or incorporated the data into an application, we want to know about it. You can notify PRTC here.